Program for analysis of plane frames (2D). Reads plain text data files edited with a text editor, writes the results to plain text file. Runs from command line in MS DOS or MS Windows XP. Also runs in virtualbox under FreeDOS on 64 bit windows 7. Only the executable is supplied, with some sample data files, along with Multiframe, and Microstran (arc) files to use for comparison if have access to such software.
NB: If want to analyse a single span beam, then it requires at least three nodes to define: two supports and an internal point such as midspan. (eg. a segment has to have at least one fixed end moment (FEM))
We also have source code available in the following programming languages:
- Turbo Pascal (Arrays base 1)
- Delphi (Arrays base 1)
- Lazarus (Arrays base 1)
- Excel/vba (Arrays base 1)
- Excel/vba (Arrays base 0)
- vb.net (Arrays base 0) : setup for Visual Studio 2005 and sharpDevelop
- C# (Arrays base 0) : setup for Visual Studio 2005 and sharpDevelop
- VBscript (Arrays base 0) : setup for Windows Scripting Host (WSH)
- Java (Arrays base 0) : setup for Eclipse and netbeans
We have additional versions with GUI. Turbo Pascal version running under MS DOS. With Delphi, Lazarus and vb.net versions running under windows. The primary purpose is development of custom software for manufactured structural products. The source code is now available here.
Also useful for educators who want to test students abilities to assess a blackbox.